Welcome to UHS Orchestra!
Welcome to the Union High School Orchestra! All students must complete a new Student Registration form online each school year. This information will be used to keep students and parents informed of important dates and deadlines.
Parents should have received a letter with specific information about our program and the requirements for participation.
There are two fair shares required for participation in Orchestra: (1) an Orchestra Fair Share Amount and (2) an ASB Fair Share Amount. These are paid in two different places.
- ASB Fair Share: All music students are required to pay the $30 ASB fair share. This amount is paid at the ASB office in the 500 building and helps us with our transportation needs through the year to get to our competitions and performances.
- Orchestra Fair Share: $100 for first year students, $75 for all returning students payable to UHS Orchestra Boosters. Your orchestra fair share funds pay for your uniform, your orchestra t-shirt, textbook, sheet music and sectional coaching.
- Cheddar Up: Coming soon!
- Pay by check at any IQ Credit Union branch. Put your student’s name, and “orchestra uniform fee” on the memo line or ask the teller to include that information with the deposit.
- When school starts you may also deposit this fee in the orchestra box next to the director’s office. Make sure you complete a deposit envelope with your full name on it.
We are making some uniform changes this year.
- Students may choose between a shirt/pant option or a dress.
- Everything will be yours to keep for following years.
- If a student who has been in Orchestra needs to change uniform sizes, there will be no extra fee.
- If a student wants to buy a second concert outfit (dress and pants/shirt) they will need to pay an extra $100.
More information to follow.
We usually participate in several fundraising activities throughout the year. More information will be posted on our fundraiser page as the year develops.